Monday, January 25, 2010

Famous or Not?


Sundance Film Festival in Park City.

I went this past weekend and saw the likes of The Fray, Kylie Bisutti (Victoria Secret Model), The Girls Next Door, and probably a few others I didn't recognize. Whenever I see or meet someone famous, it's cool for a second. Then it wears off. If you are someone famous, please don't be offended. In the words of Shania Twain, it don't impress me much.

So many people in the world are obsessed with famous people. It's like the popularity contest of life on a world stage, an extension of high school. None of that ever impressed me much. These are people too. They get dressed. They eat. They sleep. They have emotions and passions in life. They have little bumps and bruises both physically and emotionally. They have wants and needs. They are NOT perfect. They are good at a few things in life. They have a talent. Some are just beautiful. Some make a lot of money and don't do much else. Some play instruments well and are creative. Some are very athletic. For some reason or another people like them.

After exchanging words and smiles with each of them, I returned to my life to think of the things that matter to me. My daughter matters to me. Having fun doing things with people that matter most to me matters. My family matter. Being comfortable, healthy, and emotionally & spiritually filled matters. Showing people I care about them matters.

I enjoy so much more having celebrities in my own life. My daughter is a celebrity to me. She is close to perfect. I admire her. I have so many others in my life that I look up to and associate with on a regular basis. I look forward to those interactions much more than the once in a while run in with someone famous.

No comments: